June Update & Guidelines
We have recently received our state guidelines for allowing clients to enter our building. We are still highly recommending curbside appointments, not only for safety reasons, but also for efficiency. If you choose to enter the building, there are guidelines that we MUST follow.
– 1 person per household allowed in for your appointment
– Clients must wear a mask and use our Hand sanitizing station upon entering the building. If you do not have a mask, we have some available to purchase for $1.00
– We will be taking temperatures of pet owners, prior to entering the building.
– All prescription pick-ups and technician appointments will still remain curbside.
– Please call the office when you arrive and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
We thank you all for your continued patience!
During this difficult time, we are requesting that our clients utilize our drive-thru on the side of our building when picking up any medications or prescription diets from our hospital. We ask that you call us when you pull up to our drive-thru so that we can take payment over the phone. A team member will then bring your medication to you. If you do not have an immediate need for your medication refill, we would be happy to ship your medications to you with free shipping. We are also encouraging our clients to utilize our online pharmacy to purchase any diets that your pet may need. We understand that this is a very uncertain time in all of our lives but we want to promise you that we are doing everything that we can to continue to provide the exceptional service that you receive from us as well as keeping our clients and staff as healthy and as safe as possible.
The health and wellbeing of our clients, patients and staff are a top priority at Erlanger Veterinary Hospital. That is why we are recommending “Hands-Free” Drop off Appointments to our clients during this difficult time.
Here are a few things to expect if you choose a “Hands-Free” appointment for your pet.
- All “Hands-Free” appointments will be given a scheduled time by an Erlanger Veterinary Hospital team member, similar to a regular office visit.
- We ask that you fill out our Medical History Questionnaire prior to your appointment for dogs or cats
- Please call as you are arriving, and a hospital team member will meet you and your pet in the vestibule in the front of the building.
- The team member will collect your pet, and return all non-essential personal belongings. (i.e. Leash, collar, etc).
- You may then wait in your vehicle while the doctor is examining your pet. All communications and transactions will be done over the phone.
- Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by cash or check, a team member will take the payment in the vestibule.
- All documents, including invoices, will be emailed to you.
- A team member will then meet you in the vestibule with your pet and any medications that you may need.
Fill out your forms online
Complete at your convenience before your next appointment!